Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Weekend Catch-up Post #2

So, this week I wasn't going to do much grocery shopping--except for the Harris Teeter triples. But I just happened to look at the Publix deals over at Southernsavers.com and saw some deals I had to get. I also stopped by Walgreens to get some mascara (I ran out!!) and it turned out to be a great run, too... Here's what all I did and where...

:: Harris Teeter ::
HT was tripling coupons up to 75 cents last week!! I was actually excited until I heard from my cousin and saw for myself that their prices were way higher than those shown on Southernsavers.com, not to mention they don't even carry some items. Anyway, I still had a decent run and got to stock up on some PB (yummy!) and sugar for the holidays =)
8 40oz Skippy Peanut Butter $5.99 sale B1G1 used $.75/1 coupons (tripled -$18)

2 Carnation Evaporated Milk sale $1 each used $1/2 coupon

1 Pillsbury All-Purpose Flour sale $.99 (limit 1) =(

5 Domino Brown Sugar $1.09 used $.35 coupons (tripled -$5.25)

1 Zone Bar $1.29 used $.55/1 (tripled -$1.29)

Total OOP $7.65

After I hit up HT I went to my grandma's house and bartered for some chicken!! She was out of PB (and I had plenty) and she also needed some brown sugar, so we swapped. Protein is so expensive, my hubby and I usually do without meat and fall back on dairy or beans. But thanks to my grandma, we have three huge cans of white meat chicken!! Thanks Gma! =)

:: Walgreens ::
I just went in to Walgreens for some mascara and I ended up with a nice stockpile =) I hope it doesn't expire any time soon.
Oh! And the nice young lady at the cosmetics counter graciously showed me to the double packs! And there I was ready to just by the regular packs... silly me! I emailed Drano to tell them how nice their products are and how much money I save annually from not having to call a plumber. They were so nice, they sent me a Free Item Coupon up to $6.xx off any Drano product! Not to mention, Drano is always nice to have around. I just bought it at Wags so I could just the $3/10 coupon for overage on the make-up products.

1 bottle Drano $5.99 used free item coupon I received for sending an email complimenting their products

2 double packs Almay mascara $6.99 & $7.99 sale B1G1-50% off (-$3.50)
-used $4/1 wags coupon
(-$8 automatically)
-used $2.50 IP


1 free 3-card Hallmark sampler

used $3/10 Grand Opening Wags Q


OOP $1.45

:: Publix ::
Like I said, I wasn't even going to do a Publix run this week, because 1) I've been sick as a dog for the past few days, and 2) my budget is getting tight. But I did anyway. I was starting to think that Publix deals just couldn't get any better until I checked with my Publix's customer service rep and asked her which competitor coupons they accepted. When she told me ANY competitor I didn't believe her. But when she said Walgreens, CVS and Save-A-Lot all I could think about were $/$$ coupons! Anyway, I was thinking about all the pasta I bought a few weeks ago and needed some sauce to go with it (the rest are fillers, or items I got for free so I could use a $/$$ coupon) I did this all in one transaction.

6 Kellogg's Special K Cereal $3.99 sale B1G1 used 6 $1/1 IPs and 6 $1/1 Target coupons

6 Ragu Pasta Sauce $2.53 sale B1G1 used 3 $1/2 IPs

2 Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce $3.59 sale B1G1 used 2 $1/1 IP

1 Tylenol Rapid Release GelpCaps 50ct sale $3.99 used $1/1 MQ and $3/1 Publix coupon

Total before sales and coupons - $53.69

Total after sales, before coupons - $26.55

used $5/25 Walgreens competitor coupon on total


OOP $1.14

:: A Craving run ::
Not shown is a big red bag of Popcorn, Indiana Gourmet Kettlecorn I bought at Wags with some leftover RRs because I was hungry. Not proud of it, but it happens. Though, looking back I wish I had saved the RRs for a rolling deal, but oh well... such is life. And the popcorn is soooo good and on sale right now =)

1 10.5 oz Popcorn, Indiana Kettlecorn sale $2.99 used $2.50 RR

OOP $.49


Total this week before sales and coupons - $139.31

Total spent this week - $10.73

Total saved this week - $128.58


Balance of budget $103.27

Spent up to date:
$96.73

Savings up to date:$780.16

No comments:

Post a Comment